- Kenai Fjords National Park Boat Tour
- Bus tour in Denali National Park with wildlife viewing
- Alaska State Ferry across Prince William Sound
- 2 nights Wrangell-St Elias National Park (our country’s largest). Historic Kennicott copper mining town; overnight in the frontier town of McCarthy
- Optional (included) hikes in Girdwood’s temperate rainforest and onto Root Glacier in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
- Two nights in the historic & quaint town of Hope
- Opportunities for optional Mt. McKinley and Wrangell-St. Elias flightseeing excursions
– – – – Indicates travel by Alaska Marine Highway Ferry across the Prince William Sound. (*subject to the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry Schedule. Alternate itinerary/activity if ferry does not run.)
Day 1 Anchorage-Denali National Park; depart AM towards Park; visit Iditarod Headquarters; lunch in Wasilla; optional flightseeing; dinner and overnight just outside of the Park entrance
Day 2 Denali; Park Visitor Center for overview; bus tour in Denali National Park with wildlife viewing; afternoon walk at Park entrance; overnight Healy north of Park
Day 3 Denali – Denali Highway Lodge; drive across spectacular Denali Highway; old homestead visit; optional hike; overnight at a remote Denali Highway lodge.
Day 4 Denali Highway Lodge – Chitina; Paxson, Glennallen, Copper Centre, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park (our country’s largest!) Visitor Center; overnight in Chitina.
Day 5 Chitina – McCarthy; follow old railroad grade 60 miles into heart of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park; cross Kennicott River on footbridge to reach historic McCarthy; optional flightseeing; overnight McCarthy.
Day 6 McCarthy-Valdez; travel four miles to abandoned town/mine of Kennicott; hike to Root Glacier; lunch overlooking Kennicott & Root Glacier; departure for Valdez; stop at Worthington Glacier; spectacular Thompson Pass; dinner, overnight downtown Valdez.
Day 7 Valdez-Hope; board ferry for the trip across Prince William Sound to Whittier, passing Columbia Glacier; drive through mountain tunnels; road through Kenai Mtns. to end of the road frontier town of Hope; overnight Hope.
Day 8 Seward-Hope; morning trip to Seward; board vessel for spectacular day tour of Kenai Fjords National Park to view marine life and glaciers; afternoon return through Moose Pass; overnight Hope.
Day 9 Hope-Anchorage; morning exploration around Hope (older than Anchorage!); optional gold panning; historical museum; lunch at the world class ski resort, Alyeska, in Girdwood; optional rainforest hike; late afternoon return to Anchorage
2023 Tour Dates & Pricing
|June 14 - 22||9A1|
|June 21 - 29||9A2|
|July 5 - 13||9A3|
|July 12 - 20||9A4|
|July 19 - 27||9A5|
|July 26 - Aug 3||9A6|
|Aug 2 - 10||9A7|
|Aug 9 - 17||9A8|
|Aug 16 - 24||9A9|
|Cost per person: $6480|
|Single supplement: $855|
|Group Size: Maximum of 10|