- Kenai Fjords National Park Boat Tour
- Wildlife and Natural History Bus Tour in Denali National Park
- Alaska State Ferry across Prince William Sound
- Historic Kennicott copper mining town tour
- Overnight in the end-of-the-road town of McCarthy
- Optional (but included) hikes in Girdwood’s temperate rainforest and onto Root Glacier in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
- Two nights in the the quaint historic town of Hope
- Opportunities for optional Mt. McKinley and Wrangell-St. Elias flightseeing excursions
– – – – Indicates travel by Alaska Marine Highway Ferry across the Prince William Sound. (*subject to the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry Schedule. Alternate itinerary/activity if ferry does not run.)
Interior & Coastal Alaska Abbreviated Itinerary
Day 1 Anchorage-Denali National Park; depart AM towards Park; visit Iditarod Headquarters; lunch in Wasilla; optional flightseeing; dinner and overnight just outside of the Park entrance
Day 2 Denali-Denali Highway; morning natural history/wildlife tour into Denali National Park; afternoon drive across spectacular Denali Highway with numerous stops, optional hike; dinner and overnight accommodations at a unique lodge along the Denali Highway.
Day 3 Denali Highway-McCarthy; travel to Chitina; follow old railroad grade 60 miles into heart of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park (our country’s largest); cross Kennicott River on footbridge to reach historic McCarthy; optional flightseeing; overnight at the end-of-the-road town of McCarthy. Dinner downtown.
Day 4 Kennicott-Valdez; travel four miles to abandoned town/mine of Kennicott; extensive exploration; hike to Root Glacier; lunch overlooking Kennicott Glacier; late afternoon departure for Valdez across Thompson Pass; dinner; overnight Valdez.
Day 5 Valdez-Hope; board ferry for the trip across Prince William Sound to Whittier, passing Columbia Glacier; drive through mountain tunnels; road through Kenai Mtns. to end of the road frontier town of Hope; overnight Hope.
Day 6 Seward-Hope; morning trip to Seward; board vessel for spectacular day tour of Kenai Fjords National Park to view marine life and glaciers; afternoon return through Moose Pass; overnight Hope.
Day 7 Hope-Anchorage; morning exploration around Hope (older than Anchorage!); optional gold panning; historical museum; lunch Girdwood; optional hike, or Alyeska ski resort tram ride; late afternoon return Anchorage